Understanding Dental Implants Near You
Dental implants are usually suggested by our dentist in NE Calgary whenever a patient has one or more missing teeth to help restore their oral health and speaking and eating abilities. It is important to understand how and why dentists near you recommend dental implants whenever you or someone you know are missing teeth.
Can Missing Teeth Hurt Your Oral Health?
Did you know that your teeth consist of two parts?
1. Crown: The crown is the part of a tooth you can see above the gum line, giving your smile a healthy appearance, structure and stability to eat and speak.
2. Root: The Root, on the other hand, is the part we cannot see because it is below the gum line, which gives structure and stability to the functionality of your teeth by stimulating the jawbone for good oral health and bone growth.
Suppose you or a family member are missing a tooth. In that case, the stability and strength of your other teeth may be affected as this increases the possibilities of dental issues such as bite misalignment, gum disease, speaking and chewing difficulty, and temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder. Missing teeth can hurt your oral health since the jaw deteriorates whenever there is a loss of bone to stimulate the jawbone to give functionality and structure to your face.
Dental Implants Offered in NE Calgary.
Unlike removable dental bridges and dentures, dental implants replace the whole missing tooth structure from the bone to the crown, making them a popular option in NE Calgary for maintaining good oral health. Dental implants act and look like natural teeth; they consist of the following:
1. Implant: The implant is made of titanium and anchored to the jawbone to give stability and structure to the artificial teeth, just like the root of a natural tooth.
2. Abutment: The abutment is the connector that holds the crown and implant together.
3. Crown: Just like natural teeth, dental implants require a crown to simulate a healthy and aesthetic smile appearance. A dentist near you custom makes an artificial crown to match your healthy permanent teeth.
What to Expect During a Dental Implant Procedure?
During your first consultation with a dentist in NE Calgary, our team will thoroughly examine your teeth and oral health through various exams, including x-rays, and evaluate the health of your jawbone to give you the best treatment plan to achieve your smile aesthetic goals.
Suppose a dentist near you suggests you are an ideal candidate for dental implants. In that case, the procedure will begin with placing the implant into the jawbone and letting it merge for stability and permanence. Our oral surgeon performs dental implants in NE Calgary, by providing oral numbing options for your comfort during the procedure.
Our dentist in NE Calgary may recommend painkillers if there is discomfort from the swelling. We will give you instructions on caring for your dental implants to minimize pain and oral complications. The jawbone may take three to six months to fuse with the implant. After the healing time, a dentist near you will place the abutment and custom-made crown to gain full functionality of the dental implant.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Have you ever wondered why people prefer dental implants over other restorative options? Dental implants
● Look, function, and feel like natural teeth.
● Give patients a permanent solution to missing teeth.
● Are easier to clean
● Do not move, slip, or click when eating, laughing or talking.
● Retain the natural face shape
● Stimulate jawbone and prevent oral health deterioration.
Dental implants in NE Calgary are a great option for candidates with missing teeth. If you or a family member are missing one or more teeth, contact us today to schedule a consultation with a dentist near you to determine the best treatment plan for your dental issues.